Car owners know that sometimes, despite your best efforts, keeping your car clean is just impossible. Whether its muddy cleats after the kids’ soccer practice, dust from the hardware store, crumbs from those emergency, late-night french fries, or any other number of messy things, it seems that maintaining a pristine vehicle just can’t happen.
Luckily, there are a few things you can do to pick up the mess. Here are a few simple tips and tricks for keeping your car clean:
- Use a dampened toothbrush and some dish soap to scrub down any vinyl or similar texture in your car. This will remove the black dirt from even the smallest crevice!
- Use a squirt bottle and a squeegee to drag pet hair out of your cloth seats.
- Create a DIY air freshener using a mason jar, baking soda, and your favorite scent of essential oil (like peppermint, lavender, lemon peel, or more). Add one cup of baking soda into the Mason jar, drip in 7-8 drops of oil, poke small holes in the lid of the Mason jar, then hide it somewhere underneath a seat in your car. Sayonara, odor!
- Rub down your windshield wipers with rubbing alcohol and a soft tissue or rag to prevent them from leaving smears on your windshield.
Our car geeks at Floyd Traylor Honda are full of handy tricks and helpful fixes. Give us a call or visit us today to learn more!
Is your car eternally messy inside no matter what you do? Whether the mess accumulates thanks to you or to your passengers, the spring season is the perfect time to take control of the mess by bringing the “spring cleaning” adage to your vehicle’s interior.
To get you started, check out these tips to keep your car clean inside:
- Keep a small garbage can or bag inside your car, and always put your garbage in it. You’ll never toss an empty fast food bag on the ground, when you have a garbage receptacle within reach.
- Every time you fill up your vehicle with gasoline, use that time to empty your trash bag and generally straighten up inside.
- Recruit helpers in your children–ask them to pick up one object to take inside every time they get out of the car.
- If you never have passengers, be sure to evaluate your backseats every now an then. If you’re always in the front, you may not notice that a mess is accumulating.
- Get yourself some organizing materials for whatever you tend to keep in your car, such as a CD case, a file folder, or a gym bag.
- Finally, if your car truly does manage to get out of control consistently, don’t wait for it to get worse. Schedule a cleaning day, once a month.
For more cleaning tips or to explore a whole new car entirely, give us a call or stop by Floyd Traylor Honda anytime.
Spring has finally arrived which means that now is the perfect time to get rid of all the winter trash and grime that’s built up over the past few months.
Keeping your car clean inside and out during winter isn’t easy, especially if you park outside.
Here are a few spring car cleaning tips from us here at Floyd Traylor Honda to help you get your vehicle squeaky clean!
A great place to start cleaning any car is from the inside out. Start by removing any trash lingering on the floor before moving on to the glove compartment and other storage areas. Finally, move to the trunk and remove anything littered around in there. Finish off by dusting the dash and sweeping the floors and seats.
There are few better ways to prepare your car for spring than getting it squeaky clean and looking its best. Wash the exterior thoroughly with the goal of removing all the salt, dirt, and grime that built up over winter. Finish offer with a wax that will leaving your car shining in the spring sun for weeks to come!
One common spot every driver forgets about is the wheels. There’s a lot of crud that builds up beneath the hubcaps. Take the time to remove them and give the wheels a thorough scrubbing!