Many of us make the same resolutions every year—lose weight, save money, learn something new, travel, etc. But, how often are these goals tossed away within a month or two? If you’re looking for a resolution you can actually keep, here are a few resolutions for your car that should be pretty easy.
- Drive distraction-free. In 2017, put your phone away and keep it there until you reach your destination. In addition, don’t eat behind the wheel, put on makeup, or do anything else that distracts you from the road.
- Make seatbelts mandatory. Make a new rule for your car that everyone must be buckled before you start driving, no matter their age. You can even include the family dog in this rule by getting them an appropriate restraint for the car.
- Make safety a top priority. If you plan on buying a new car in 2017, make safety one of your top priorities. Check crash test ratings and consider adding on advanced safety technology, if it is available.
- Learn basic maintenance. If you don’t already know how, learn how to change a tire. Knowing how to do this can save you a lot of time, money, and frustration.
- Be a better driver. If you are an aggressive driver, calm down. Not only will your driving habits be safer, but you’ll save fuel as well.
Are you planning on any car-related resolutions for 2017? Let Floyd Traylor Honda know!