Our hometown knows how to show its Christmas spirit and spread the season’s joy, but don’t take our word for it; just check out any one (or all) of these holly-jolly holiday events in Fort Smith. You’ll be merrily caroling, letting it snow, roasting chestnuts, and harking the herald angels in no time.
Christmas in the City Shopping Extravaganza
Pop down to the Ben Green Events Center from Dec. 1-2 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. for more than just knocking out your gift list. Enjoy live holiday entertainment, take part in an Ugly Sweater contest, take pictures with Santa, and more.
2017 Fort Smith Christmas Parade
At 3 p.m. on Dec. 16, head to downtown Fort Smith for our annual Christmas Parade. This is the pinnacle of seasonal family entertainment, so make sure you bring along all your little ones.
Creekmore Holiday Express
From Dec. 4-23, Creekmore Park’s community train will be a Christmas-spectacular, steam-engine experience for locomotion lovers of all ages. See the park’s website for more details.
If you need a new ride to get to and from all these holiday events in Fort Smith, visit Floyd Traylor Honda to see our full lineup of reliable Honda vehicles.
Owning your own vehicle can be a freeing experience, from sparing yourself from the tyranny of public transit schedules to opening up the Midwest’s highways to once-a-month weekend road trips. Learning simple ways to maintain and service your own vehicle can only increase your independence.
Here, we’ll teach you how to check your own oil and maximize your ride’s lifespan in just ten easy steps:
- Check your owner’s manual to make sure your car has a dipstick. Some cars with electric oil monitors no longer have dipsticks.
- Park your car on level ground and make sure your engine is cool.
- Open your car’s hood and locate the dipstick.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe off all excess oil left on the end.
- Fully reinsert the dipstick.
- Pull the dipstick back out and check on both sides where the oil line is.
- Your dipstick will have two marks (sometimes a waffle-like pattern, sometimes two dots). Your oil line should be between those two marks.
- Your oil should be a dark brown or black in color.
- If the oil is below the minimum mark, it’s time to add oil.
- Wipe down the dipstick and replace it fully into the oil reservoir.
If you check your own oil and see that it’s time for an automotive check-up because of color or oil level, call Floyd Traylor Honda’s helpful service department today.